A trip to Disney World is a rite of passage for every kid, and a lifetime of memories packed into one vacation. Parents can enjoy this unique travel experience as much as their kids with a little preparation and research. Check out the top 5 things you must experience with your kids to make your trip complete!
- Festival of the Lion King: This short, 30 minute performance is reminiscent of a Broadway production of the story of the Lion King, perfect for little ones’ short attention spans and a good rest opportunity after walking through the parks. There are several other unexpected productions scattered throughout the Disney World parks, satisfying many adults’ need for culture and theatre tickets london during a kids’ vacation.
- Blizzard Beach Water Park: The snow wonderland-themed water park has something for everyone, from ares for little ones to splash in (and even pint-sized water slides) to Mount Gushmore, the highlight of many adult’s watermark experience, as one of the fastest and tallest water slides in the world. A white sand beach and a tranquil floating river are also featured, for the more faint-at-heart.
- The Electric Water Pageant: This hidden gem of a parade features the electric barges traveling on Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon between the different resorts. The barges are decorated with thousands of mini lights, and the parade has accompanying music. This is one magical show that is a well-kept secret.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: One of the most fantastical ares of Disney World, in the Animal Kingdom you can take a safari through Kilimanjaro, trek across Asia, or climb Mount Expedition. Exotic animals are showcased in natural habitat enclosures in this zoo-turned-amusement park that has the daredevil rides, such as Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl, while the younger crowd will enjoy TriceraTop Spin and the opportunity to do some excavating in the Boneyard, in DinoLand U.S.A. Other attractions include kid-friendly restaurants (of course: this IS Disney World!), and several different theater-esque shows.
- Magic Kingdom’s Wishes Nighttime Spectacular: This amazing high-tech fireworks show is the perfect end to a wonderful, magical day spent in the Magic Kingdom. A story frames the show, featuring some of Disney’s most beloved characters such as Jiminy Cricket (as the host), Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Ariel, and Cinderella. Tinkerbell flying from the castle marks the beginning (and probably the most recognized) part of the show, and its magic is breathtaking. New innovative, pyrotechnic effects and music, combined with story-telling create a show never before seen in Disney history. The Wishes Nighttime Spectacular definitely summarizes an amazing family vacation in the way no words could possibly do Disney World justice.